Seabury Solutions provides leading edge IT solutions to the aviation industry. Working in a fast paced team environment the potential to grow your aviation career is a key reason to consider a position within our growing organisation. Please take a look at the open positions or if you want to drop us your information you can do this please feel free to submit your details via our Contact Us page at any time.
Available Position – Business Systems Analyst
Seabury Solutions is part of Seabury Capital and is focused on the development of software products and services for the airline industry. Our existing products have been serving the airline industry customers for the past 12+ years and provide comprehensive IT consulting services including vendor selection, IT spend analysis & improvement, and IT due diligence. Seabury Solutions has also developed a suite of proprietary, cross industry, decision support and analysis applications which lead the industry in comprehensive airline enterprise assessment software. To meet the growing demand for our products and solutions we are expanding our team based in Berlin, Germany and are looking for suitable candidates for the position of Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst is responsible for partnering with multiple IT and business teams in order to define and document functional requirements necessary for IT systems development in support of business needs and goals. The Business Analyst evaluates and understands complex business problems, their technical implications and potential solutions. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have a demonstrated ability to comprehend complex technical systems.
Responsibilities will include:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Gather and document business requirements. Create functional requirement documents, use cases, flow charts, diagrams, or other requirements documentation, as needed.
- Analyze business process and user needs, document business processes, and translate into proper system requirement specifications, new enhancements, and new applications.
- Development activities involving development of test cases, conducting/documenting the test results, maintenance of existing systems and providing support to the team members as per business needs. Candidates could be working on development of user interfaces, business logic for data stored in relational databases.
- Coordination with the software development team.
- Continually analyze existing applications and business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support project implementation. Test and track business requirements through implementation.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and ensure the technical solution meets the business needs.
- Take ownership of support activities for current functionality, new enhancements, system and integration testing, and user acceptance testing of completed issues and enhancements.
- Direct customer support.
- Understand industry issues and trends, and present technical solutions that enhance the value of our company’s products and services.
- Though the position is expected to be primarily based in Europe (Berlin, Germany or Shannon, Ireland) candidates can be expected to travel globally depending on the project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or a technical discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science) plus 5 years business systems analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, enjoys working with software and new technology
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proven initiative and possess a highly motivated can-do-attitude
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience in business intelligence and reporting technologies
- Experience with ERP systems
- Ability to meet project timelines and delivering quality work product
- Project management and leadership experience
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Digital native
- Excellent communication skills in English, including written, verbal, and presentation skills. Strong collaboration and facilitation skills, and the ability to build and manage relationships with clients across all levels and departments. Spanish would be an advantage.
- No background in aviation is required but a passion for aviation is essential
Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org